Friday, August 2, 2024

What are you made of?…

There’s always a glimmer 
in those 
who have been 
through the dark.

— Atticus

I learned what I was made during/after the 2008 financial crisis. I lost my fancy new job and struggled to find an appropriate position for three years. The available roles were paying half what I was used to, which caused a halt to all spending for my foreseeable future. Even still, I racked up debt over a very stressful three year period. Fortunately, a former manager brought me back to life with a lucrative position. A lot of people ended up declaring personal bankruptcy in those days, or taking on a consumer proposal (which allows you to pay off like 1/3 of the debt and the rest is forgiven? Something like that.), but I knew I’d be able to over-deliver and make enough bonus to pay the full tab. I was debt free in three years, which is something I’m really proud of, to this day. The experience permanently changed me. I have more financial freedom than I’ve ever dreamed of because I learned how to live below my means. I enjoy saving more than I enjoy splurging on something decadent without having the funds in hand. Just sayin’ ;) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment