Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Not about you, but listening wins…

You can’t control how other people receive your energy. Anything you do or say gets filtered through the lens of whatever they are going through at that moment, which is not about you. Just keep doing your thing with as much integrity and love as possible.

— Nanea Hoffman 

One of the biggest paradigm shifts I’ve had is learning about “victim mentality.” A very savvy life coach taught me to look at everything in my life as being “my stuff” and my responsibility. She said that although we’ve all probably been victimized at one time or another, we are unfortunately left holding the bag. This means doing all we can to resolve old hurts/issues and perhaps improving on our empathy and communication skills, so that we can have good quality relationships. I also learned the valuable lesson of inviting someone to share their thoughts/feelings/needs, so that both people feel heard, understood and cared about. It works wonders. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO 

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment