Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Deal breakers...

I was talking to my girlfriends about dating and relationships yesterday. One of my friends is single and contemplating an old flame and the other is presently on a do-over and frustrated again with some of the incompatibilities. The conversation got me thinking about my own experiences and how I landed the perfect relationship. It’s so perfect that even when it’s not perfect, it’s still perfect. Let me explain, Lol ;) Well, my last relationship ended very badly and I own at least 50% of the blame. Deep down I knew I needed to move on, but I cowardly dragged my heels. In truth, I wasn’t sure that better existed. The relationship was quite pleasant and he was a decent guy. We never fought and life was pretty good. While I was pondering, he fell in love with someone else and the relationship came to a crap end. Lucky for me, there was a monumental silver lining. I was able to, without a shadow of a doubt, identify my critical deal breakers, and in a big hurry too. I never wanted to go through the wrong relationship again and I never ever wanted to go through a humiliating break up again. Needless to say, I wrote a comprehensive list outlining the perfect partner/relationship for me, noting the deal breakers, must haves, plus nice to have’s as well. I kept refining my list and in about a year I found the perfect person/relationship. I landed the nice to have’s as well. Sweet. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. xo

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment