Friday, August 17, 2018

The best teachers...

A hungry stomach, an empty pocket and a broken heart can teach the best lessons of life.

— Unknown

When I was younger, I didn’t budget because I wanted to enjoy life and feel abundant. I decided not to worry about money and live with the credit card balance each month (within reason). My father was a teacher and my mother never worked, so I heard “we can’t afford it” waaaaay too much for my liking. Then that old rainy day (which I NEVER thought would happen to me) actually came. In my line of work there are typically a million jobs and I’ve always had my pick. Not this time. Jobs disappeared after the 2008 financial crisis and I learned about saving and living below my means. Interestingly enough, I now feel more well-off than ever and I am still enjoying life and spending when I feel like it, for the most part. I just think about where I want the money to go and I save ahead of time for bigger purchases like vacations. Duh. (Ps. stay tuned for more on the broken heart lesson). Just sayin’ :) Hugs.

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment