Saturday, May 26, 2018

Saving ourselves...

YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE:
No one is coming to save you.
This life of yours is 100%
your responsibility.

- Unknown

I learned about the “victim mentality” a while back and it was most definitely a paradigm shift. Back in those days I was pretty caught up in judgments around my upbringing and I was more easily offended (my feelings still get hurt once in a while, but much less so). I was telling my coach about something upsetting and she said “and you know that’s your stuff, right?” I said “say what?” Our conversation continued and frankly I was confused that this paid coach didn’t seem to have much understanding or compassion. I soon learned and the education paid off, big time. I now engage differently in my life. I don’t know if I can put my finger right on it, but I think it’s something to do with accepting the past, more focus and attention on the present moment and, most importantly, holding myself accountable. Just sayin’ :) Hugs.

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment