Tuesday, January 19, 2021

“Live the life you want to live”...

People may call what happens at midlife “a crisis”. But it’s not. It’s an unraveling - a time when you feel a desperate pull to live the life you want to live, not the one you’re supposed to live. The unraveling is a time when you are challenged by the universe to let go of who you think you are supposed to be and to embrace who you are.

— Berne Brown

I can see this “unraveling” posing significant challenges in relationships, particularly when children are involved. My ex and I went to counselling to try to save our marriage. We realized we had glaring compatibility issues in the end, but we didn’t want to give up on our commitment. When we sat in the therapist’s office, he said “I have a disclaimer. I can guarantee that you will each become more at peace in who you are, but this may take you further apart. So the best odds I can give you are 50/50.” Just sayin’ Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment