Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Not about perfect...

It’s not about perfect. It’s about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that’s where transformation happens. That’s how change occurs.

— Jillian Michaels (American personal trainer, businesswoman, author and television personality from Los Angeles, California. Michaels is best known for her appearances on NBC, particularly The Biggest Loser. She has made an appearance on the talk show The Doctors and in January 2016 her reality TV series Just Jillian premiered on E! Michaels is also involved in a number of charities, including the NFL’s Play 60, the Clinton Foundations’s Alliance, Stand Up to Cancer, Sow a Seed and Dresss for Success, PETA, National Day of Dance for Heart Health and more).

I have to admit, my father expected all the effort and perfection. Well, maybe that was my teen age perception. He probably wanted to steer me away from a “half-assed” effort as he used to say. It’s interesting as I look back (sadly, my father unexpectedly passed away in 1998, at 59. I really didn’t consider this possibility. I thought we’d have many years to debate, as he so loved to do ;)). I am surprised at how often I think of all that my Dad taught me. He was a hard ass, to be sure, but so much of what I learned from him has been profoundly important, relevant and meaningful in my life. Thank you Dad. I wish I could tell you that and hope you hear me up there. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment