Sunday, June 2, 2024

Less equals more money…

Simplicity. 
Less stuff, less work.
Less expense equals more money, time and joy.
Less equals more.

— Unknown

I learned about less is more out of necessity. I was on the wrong side of the 2008 financial crisis and couldn’t find work in my field for about three years. I was in and out of positions that paid half what I typically earned. I had to halt all spending, other than essential bills. I gave myself one extra, which was my always inspirational and motivating morning coffee. My life was finally restored when a former manager brought me into a senior position with great pay and perks. Fewf. Interestingly enough, I never went back to my former spending habits. I love fashion, but continue to prefer consignment shopping. Not that I never buy a new garment, but the acquisition just doesn’t hold the same appeal. All I can think of is the cost of that investment, particularly with clothes tending to get stained or go out of style. I am willing to spend on dining out, which I consider a mini vacay at the end of a work day, and warm vacations because I need warm sunshine like I need air. But I never spend what I don’t have. I save for each trip and I prepay my credit cards for dinners out and items I want to buy. Pre-financial crisis I routinely charged up my credit cards and worried about paying later. I’ll never do that again. I spend waaaay less and I’ve never been more abundant, with a bank balance I could never have imagined. Just sayin’ :) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment