Saturday, December 10, 2022

Lonely in a relationship?…

My favourite therapist taught me perhaps the most valuable lesson of my life. My (now ex) husband and I were working with the therapist to save our marriage, but he began with a disclaimer. He said “half of the couples who come to me will make it and half won’t, and frankly there’s nothing sadder than being in a marriage that isn’t working anyway. Because there’s no hope of things changing. At least when you’re single, every day is a new day to potentially meet someone.” He went on to explain that therapy tends to allow each individual to come into their own, and this either brings two people together, or reveals the partnership as an ill-fitting match. Alas, we parted ways as friends, thanks to this terrific coach, and we both ended up meeting much better life partners. Just sayin’ :) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment