Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Take good care...

When you start taking care of yourself, you start feeling better, and you start looking better and you even start to attract better. It all starts with you.

- Unknown

What motivates and inspires us? Is it genetics, upbringing, past experiences or a combination of factors? Interestingly, my uh huh moment came after a particularly bad break up, with two divorces in tow. I hadn’t set out to overhaul my life. I simply didn’t want to get in and out of another relationship... ever, if possible. Then I thought, I wonder what would happen if I really committed to myself and my life. Somehow, I did exactly that. I made sweeping changes; no more sugar (and I have a huge sweet tooth, preferring chocolate cake for dinner as opposed to steak or lasagna), work harder at the day job, even if it’s one extra call or email, formalize my passion for writing (been writing every day for fun since the age of 10) and finally I gave myself permission to say “no” when I really need to. I am still amazed at the outcome, and the rewards keep on a comin’! I found the miraculous love of my life, I’ve had the best three years of my career, I am making more money than ever and I feel more joy and fulfillment than I ever have. Just sayin’ :) Hugs.

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment