Tuesday, April 24, 2018

About understanding...

Open-minded people don’t care to be right, they care to understand. There’s never a right or wrong answer. Everything is about understanding.

- FunctionalRustic.com

I used to be a lot more defensive. My father’s favourite saying was “you’re missing the point,” which left me feeling small and eroded in some way. It became my mission to make room for the opinions of others. Even so, I was often triggered in my younger days. If someone didn’t allow me a certain courtesy, I would feel my intelligence was being insulted. Happily I chose to listen, learn and detach from any perceived arrogance/ignorance (well, to the best of my ability. I’m not Ghandi, that’s for sure, Lol). It’s really interesting to investigate a little further. Surprisingly, there’s often a decent/emotional reason for strong opinions and people soften, once they’ve been heard and validated. Just sayin’ :) Hugs.

Blessings,

Chatgirl


No comments:

Post a Comment