Monday, May 30, 2016

Creator or bystander?...

"In my latest book Big Magic, I encourage everyone to find some creative outlet. A journalist interviewed me and asked: 'Aren't you afraid that your book is going to cause lots of people who have no talent to create lots of shitty art?' The arrogance of that question is staggering. There's a presumption that only the elite are allowed to be creative. My concern is not that the world is filled with bad art, it's more that the world might be filled with people who are not making or creating things in their life - and are just consumers or bystanders who are passively allowing things to happen to them."

- Elizabeth Gilbert, Author of Eat, Pray, Love

I think we judge ourselves like crazy and think most of what we do isn't good enough :( Ouch. But we don't have to show it to anyone if we don't want to, Lol. Just sayin' ;)

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment